ADMINISTRATOR GENERAL & PUBLIC TRUSTEE
- The Office is charged with the statutory responsibility of managing and equitably sharing Assets of Estates of persons who died intestate (without leaving a Will).
- The Administrator-General & Public Trustee may also act as Executors where it is made an executor to a Will.
- Recover Assets of Estates and settle justified claims against the Estate of the deceased person.
- Act as Receivers or Administrators during the pendency of the Suit so as to preserve the Estate from dissipation.
- Facilitate and obtain Letters of Administration on behalf of Beneficiaries to enable them access the deceased person’s assets Banks, Employers and other Institutions.
- Represent and defend Estates in Court.
- Take over the management of Unrepresented Estates.
- Keep accurate accounts of Estates and Trusts, and render same to Court where required.
- Conduct of meetings and interviews with the beneficiaries of employees who died in service.
- Verify and disburse death benefit to next-of-kin of staff who die in active service
- Reseal Letters of Administration where the deceased has properties located outside the State and manage same in the interest of the beneficiaries.
- Partition and issue Vesting Deed to beneficiaries
- Exercise investment powers pursuant to the Trustee Investment Act.