DIRECTOR, PUBLIC ADVICE CENTRE
Akinnawo Husseina Ize (MRS.) , is the Director Public Advice Centre Lagos State.
She attended Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, where she obtained the Bachelor of Law Degree, LL. B (Hons) Certificate, and University of Lagos Akoka Lagos for her Masters of Law (LLM) Degree.
she joined the Lagos State Civil Service in the year 1994, as legal officer grade level 09 and has
served in various departments as such as Commercial Law, Directorate of Advisory Services and Judiciary Liaison, Directorate of Public Prosecution, Citizens Mediation Centre, Administrator General and Public Trustee, Directorate of Legislative drafting and Public Advice Centre.
She has attended quite a number of Conferences/Courses/ Seminars such as International Bar Conference held in Dublin and Common wealth Lawyers Conference Cape town South Africa.
She is a member of the Nigeria Bar Association, Common wealth Lawyers Association, Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators ( ICMC) and International Bar Association.
She is married with children and her interest includes Reading, Music, Playing Table Tennis and Contributing Positively to the society.
The main objective of PAC is to provide Free Legal Advice and beneficial information to residents of Lagos State seeking to know what their rights and responsibilities are on a wide range of issues in accordance with the Laws of Lagos State
- PAC serves as the First Port of call for members of the public in distress whose rights has been violated and those seeking to know on their legal rights and responsibilities on a wide range of issues that is , how to take action and where to seek recourse in cases of infringement.
- PAC serves as an interface and provides information and legal advice to Members of the public dealing with:
(i) Agencies of Government, Human Rights Desks, State Welfare Department and other justice sector institutions.
(ii) Organized Private sector particularly on handling of consumer services e.g. Communication, Electricity, Banking ,Debt and Monetary Claims, Housing issues e.t.c.
(iii) Key Non-governmental Organizations (NGO’s) that handle various cases.
- Ensure that Citizens are not only aware of the governmental and non-governmental provisions available to them for the protection of their rights, but are also given the necessary assistance to avail themselves of this.
- Provide the Advice and information people need for the problems they face.
- Proffer Advice and information which will educate the citizenry thereby positively impacting their lives.
- Respond to issues through right channels to ensure cohesion of activities of government and its agencies or between agencies.
- Improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
SCOPE OF PAC
PAC provides information and advice beneficial to thousands of people in Lagos State on a wide range of issues but not limited to the following:
- Work benefits / Pensions.
- Employer / Employee matters.
- Violation of Human Rights.
- Environmental and related matters.
- Marital Issues
- Social welfare / Child Rights.
- Family and Inheritance.
- Land Title Registration and ancillary matters.
- Social exclusion / Discrimination.
- Debt Recovery and Monetary Claims.
- Consumer Advisory Service and Related Matters
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Offences.
Finally, the Public Advice Centre is accessible to all and the services are free without payments.
STAFF OF THE PUBLIC ADVICE CENTRE
Akinnawo Husseina. (MRS.)
Olakanmi Yemisi (Ms)
Owolabi Fakunmoju (Mr)
Senior State COUNSEL
Adeola Ishola-lemomu (Mrs.)
Public Affairs Officer